Do you want to add and customize admin columns in WordPress?
WordPress allows customization of the site using plenty of its functionality. However, the admin area of WordPress doesn’t show you more about pages, posts, which definitely makes it difficult to find the right page and evaluate them.
Sometimes we face a site with a lot of content or multiple authors. This creates problems for the admins to manage and keep track of all those contents. Therefore, we need to add an extra information column to the admin area so that it will be easy to manage the contents in a short period of time.
In addition to this, a lot of tasks can be performed at a time with the help of admin columns as all the necessary information is displayed on a single screen. Here, we are discussing how to add and customize the admin columns with the help of a WordPress plugin.
Add and Customize the Admin Columns Using Plugins
Undoubtedly, the use of plugins is the best method to tackle this problem. It is the easiest and quick method which don’t need any knowledge about coding at all. You can use free or premium plugins according to your wish.
Admin Columns plugin is the most recommended plugin and best alternatives to solve the problem. It is a free plugin that not only organizes but also maintains the columns in the WordPress admin panel and creates a pleasant environment to work.
Ways to Add and Customize the Admin Column
Here, are the steps to guide you:
- Install and activate the plugin Admin Columns plugin.
- Navigate to the setting where you will see an extra column Admin Columns to configure extra columns.
- Additionally, customize admin columns using the drag and drop interface. Also, you can edit the existing admin columns. For this click on the “Edit” button for any column and here you can modify your column’s type, label, and width.
- In order to add a new column, click on the “+Add Column” button. There you can select the column you would like to display through the drop-down menu.
- For the sake of this article, we have added the Slug column in the admin panel. You need to visit the admin panel to check its action.
- Furthermore, you can add columns of the other section on the WordPress website. You need to select the section with the help of the drop-down menu at the top of the site.
- Don’t forget to click the “Save” button after the completion of the setting for the post section.
This is the simple and quick step to add and customize the admin columns in WordPress. I hope this article was beneficial to you to help you solve the problem related to adding and customizing admin panels.
Lastly, you can also check out our article “How to Add Titles in WordPress Menu Without Linking a Page?” if you wish to add titles without linking a page in the WordPress menu.