Have you ever thought about adding categories and tags for WordPress pages? If so, you are in the correct article.
By default, WordPress has the categories and tag testimonials only in the posts. No doubt, categories, and tags are important and famous testimonials of WordPress. These testimonials classify the blog posts which ultimately helps the user to find the information they want. Indeed, you have to additionally add these testimonials to the pages if you want to use them.
Fortunately, there are easy ways to solve this problem. Here in this article, we will talk about the easiest way to add categories and tags for WordPress. Continue learning this article for more information.
Why Add Categories and Tags for WordPress Pages
Categories and tags are the most important WordPress testimonials that are only available to the posts by default. Additionally, categories are the group of content present in the website whereas the tags are the special description of your content. You might have noticed while creating a new page there is no option to add them at all.
The ease in the management makes you add these testimonials to the posts and pages. Eventually, it is effective for those who are facing difficulty in managing the content with a lot of pages. It equally plays important role in improving site navigation as well.
Steps to Add Categories and Tags
In this method, we will use the plugin to add categories and tags. The use of plugins is the easiest method and is recommended for all users. We will use the Pages with category and tag plugin. It is a free plugin that works perfectly with no further configuration. Here are the steps:
- Initially, install and activate the Pages with category and tag plugin.
- After activation, head to the Pages menu and you will find categories and tags in the subsection of the Pages in the admin dashboard.
- Now, you need to create your categories and tags. For categories, navigate to Pages >> Categories and give a suitable name and slug for your category.
- Scroll down and select a “Parent Category” for your category.
- After completing all the settings, click on the “Add New Category” button.
- Next, it is the turn to use the created category. Firstly, you need to either edit or create a new page. Now, you can check the box beside your relevant category from the menu on right.
- Likewise, you can add the tags for the pages, in the “Tag” field. But, make sure, you seperate it with commas. You can include key phrases that best describe your page.
- However, if you want to delete the categories, simply hover the cursor of the mouse in the category and click on the “Delete” button.
Hence, in this way you have successfully added categories and tags for WordPress pages without any problem.
Lastly, we hope this tutorial was helpful to you. We have mentioned the easiest way, if you have any queries or confusion you can ask us in the comment section below. Also, check out our other article “How to Properly Change/Rename Categories in WordPress Website?”