You can add a new user in your WordPress website for various purpose. As the site grows, you need more people to look after the site and perform the activities in the most effective way.
There might be many other reasons to add a new user to your site. In this tutorial, we will provide step by step tutorial guide on How to Add a New User in your WordPress Website.
- Login to your WordPress website or Click on Dashboard
- Click on Users>>Add New
- Click all the necessary information of the user as in the form of the page.
(Username, Email, First Name, Last Name, Website and at last the Password)
Once all the information’s of the users are filled up scroll down to the page.
- Click on Send user Notification if you want to send the user the email about their new account.
- Here comes the main part, select the role of the new user
- Click on the Add New User button at the last.
You have successfully added a new user to your WordPress website.
Furthermore, you must be aware of the user role on the website. The role of the user plays great importance on your site.
Roles of the Users:
- Administrator: The user introduced as an administrator has full access to all the administration features of the website.
- Editor: The role of Editor can publish and manage their own and other users posts.
- Author: Author has the right to only publish and manage their own post on the website.
- Contributor: The contributors write for your website. They provide suggestions but don’t have the access to publish their post. They can only contribute to the site.
- Subscriber: It is the most simple role on WordPress website. They can only manage their own profile.
I hope this tutorial was helpful for you to add a new user to your WordPress website. Also, to understand the role of the users.
Furthermore, Check our tutorial if you are having difficulty in finding a premium WordPress Plugins here.