Customizing the menus are one of the most important parts of customizing a website. You keep the link in the menus, to help direct users in the page they want. But did you know that we can create a WordPress menu with external links?
Yes, you heard it right. Basically while developing/building your WordPress website, you create a menu. The menu consists of all the necessary pages that the visitors might need to understand the site better. Here, when you create a WordPress menu with external links, the person who clicks on the menu will direct him/her on the mentioned link and perform their activities.
Now that we know it, let us head towards creating a one!!
- Login to your WordPress website or Click on Dashboard
- Click on Appearance>>Menu
There appears the option of created menus and the option to create a new one.
In case, you want to create a new menu with an external link:
- Click on create a new menu.
- Give a name to the menu and create it.
On the page, there appears the option of custom links.
- Provide the URL you want to connect the menu with along with the Link Text.
- Click on the option of Add to Menu.
- Click on the option of Save Menu.
In this simple way, you can Create a WordPress Menu with External Link. Sometimes, it can be a necessity to create an external link menu. Follow these tutorial guide and create one for your site too.