A comment section is one of the important parts of a WordPress website. It is a place where your audience can share their views, suggestions, a recommendation regarding your web contents. This will not only help you to increase user engagement but also boosts the overall SEO of your website. However, it does not mean you need to have a very active comment section as having lots of comments on the posts can create a negative impression as well.
In this article, we will discuss why and how to disable the comments on WordPress website despite knowing that the comment section is a great place to increase the user interactions.
So, if you are thinking of disabling the comments on your WordPress post, this is the right article for you.
Some Advantages of Disabling Comments
As we have discussed above, having an active comment section can be both useful and harmful for the website. Here are some of the benefits that disabling the comments on the post can bring to the WordPress website:
- Increase the Loading Speed: Having lots of comment on the post will increase the size of your post which will take a larger time to load. So, disabling the comments on the post after a certain time of its live date can keep the size of the post in balance and not affect the loading time.
- Reduction of Spams: One of the main media that generate spams. Many people write irrelevant comments for self-promotional, backlinks etc. Therefore, disabling comments can stop all these activities.
- Add Stability on Keyword Ratio: Having an active comment section can increase the density of keywords on the post which is good for SEO. However, if you have a large number of keyword repeated, it might turn out to be harmful to the SEO as well. So, disabling the comments can play a major role in balancing the keyword density.
Disabling Comments on WordPress
Here, we have listed the few methods to disable WordPress comments in this article.
- Disable Comments in a Specific Post
- Disabling Comments in Bulk Posts
- Disabling Comments on Future Posts
- Delete All WordPress Comments
Method I: Disable Comments in a Specific Post
This method lets you disable the comments from specific pages. It is helpful for you if don’t want to disable the comments entirely from your WordPress website.
- Head over to Pages button at the left bar of the Dashboard. There choose All Pages option. Click on the Edit link of the article that you are willing to disable comment.
- Now you can see Discussion meta box on the right side of your page. Be sure to Uncheck the Allow Comments box. Now, click on the Update button to save all the changes.
Method II: Disabling Comments in Bulk Posts
If you want to disable the comments on many posts, you can use the bulk method. It will help you to disable comments from multiple posts at once. This process can save your precious time that might be consumed while disabling the comments on each post individually.
- First of all login to the Dashboard of your website. There, Click on Posts >> All Posts. You can see all the list of articles that you have written. Select all the post and choose Edit from the Bulk Actions. Then, click on the button Apply.
- Now, you will be able to perform the Bulk Action. Select Do not allow option from the box. Finally, click on the Update button to saves all the changes that are made.
Method III: Disabling Comments on Future Posts
This method will help you to entirely disable all the comments on your post.
- Go to Settings. Then, choose the Discussion button at the left sidebar.
- Simply, don’t tick the option ‘Allow people to post comments on new articles’.
- Click on the Update button to save all the changes that are made.
Method IV: Delete All WordPress Comments
You can delete all of the comments of your website at a single time. Deleting every single comment may consume a lot of time. So, deleting all WordPress comments once will be a smart move that will save you time and effort.
- In order to delete all the comments of your site, click on the Comments option from the left sidebar.
- Then, select all the comments and choose the option Move to Trash.
- Finally, click on the Update button to save all the changes made. Now all the existing comments from your site will be deleted.
In the same way, if you have any confusion while deleting a WordPress theme. Then, you can check out a tutorial on “How to delete a theme you had previously installed on your WordPress website?“