Longing how to embed google sheets to WordPress?
The addition of media to the website illustrates the data in an effective way. Google sheets help you to display various tabular format data accurately on your site’s page or posts. For example, you can easily present your time schedules, accounting detail, records of the projects, etc.
The best part of using google sheets is it’s free of cost. Due to this, most business uses them for documentation needs. The management tool of sheets is easy to manage, user-friendly, and it is in the cloud which ultimately eases the work on different projects.
Like other media, WordPress does not embed google sheets by default you need to either install a plugin or use the iFrame link. In this tutorial, we have mentioned the two straightforward ways to embed google sheets in the WordPress site.
Ways to Embed Google Sheets in WordPress:
Here are the ways to embed google sheets in WordPress:
Step 1: Using an iFrame Link
If you are willing to embed sheets without installing plugins this method is for you. All you need to do is find out iframe link and then add it to your website. The steps are mentioned below:
- Open the sheets page and click on File at the top left corner. Next, press Share and click on Publish to the web option.
- Select the ”Embed“ option.
- You are allowed to choose whether you want to publish a whole document or only a single page before clicking Publish button.
- Additionally, your changes are directly updated in the original sheet. In order to change this setting, navigate to Publish Content and Settings and uncheck the Automatically republish when changes are made option.
- Now publish the sheet and you will get a shareable link.
- To embed google sheets, copy and paste the shareable link on the page you wish to add the sheets in the text editor.
- Lastly, don’t forget to update or save the changes.
Note: if you are using Gutenberg, you need to add a Custom HTML block to your page and then paste the link in the HTML field.
Hence, you have successfully embedded google sheets in your WordPress site.
Step 2: Using a Plugin
EmbedPress plugin is a free plugin that enables one to embed a huge variety of blocks within one click and showcase it beautifully for your visitors. Without further delay, let’s start:
Install and activate the EmbedPress plugin.
Head to File >> Publish to the web of Google sheets. There you will find a link table, where you can link your entire document or just specific sheets. Select the Link tab and publish it. After that, you will find the URL of the sheet.
Now open the page you want to embed the sheet and paste the URL in the visual editor.
Don’t forget to save the changes.
Note: In the Gutenberg edition, click on the “+” add block icon and search for google sheets, you will find EmbedPress block. Click it and paste the sharable link. Finally, click on the Embed icon.
Thus, you have added a google sheet using a plugin into your WordPress.
The tutorial consists of two easy methods to embed google sheets. We hope this tutorial was helpful for you to embed google sheets in WordPress. In addition to this, if you have any questions or confusion do let us know in the comment section below.
Also, visit our other tutorial “How to Embed a PDF File in WordPress?” for detailed knowledge about embedding a PDF in WordPress.