If you are looking to purchase the best web hosting for your new WordPress website then, you are at the right place.
Here, we will discuss the different types of web hosts, features that you should look for before choosing a web host, and some of the most reliable hosting provider. At the end of the blog, you will have a clear idea to find the best suiting web host for your WordPress website.
So, let’s get started with this comprehensive tutorial and find out how to choose the best matching hosting for WordPress website.
Web Hosting: Brief Introduction
Web Hosting is an online service that provides you with a space on the internet to make your web application and blog online. It is the home of the website where all the media files, documents and contents are stored so that readers can visit, read and use them.
Why do you need a Web hosting?
After you have completed building a website, web hosting is required for publishing it to the larger world of the internet. In simple words, we can say the web hosting package is a service that provides space to make your website live on the internet and allow your reader to access them.
What are the Features You Need to Look Out for your Web Host?
Now that you have got the idea for what is a web hosting and why it is required for starting a website, let’s talk about the features that you need to consider while choosing a web host for your new WordPress website.
Speed and Performance:
The speed and performance is an essential factor that you need to look for in a web hosting. You need to make sure that the web host provides a good loading speed and ensure the best level of performance to handle a large amount of traffic and avoid traffic bounces.
You may be an expert who knows every step to create and run a website. However, there might always be a potential glitch that can mess everything up. So, it is advisable to have a web host that provides quality support to their product function as advertised.
Most of the web hosting comes with uptimes in access of 99.5%. There are very few hosting that provides the uptime of 99%. While it does not seem much, but even 0.1% of uptime can have a significant impact on the income of your website.
Other Features that You can Expect From your Web Host
- Offsite Backup and Recovery: To restore the data of your website if in case you lose it.
- Caching: To increase the speed of your website.
- Git Version Control: It interests a developer.
- Built-in CDNs: To deliver the media and contents quickly to your users.
- Security Features: To keep your website safe from hackers and spammers.
- Physical Location of Data Center: The closer it is to the majority of your site’s visitor, it is better.
Different Types of Web Hosting
Before you choose a web hosting, it is very essential to know the types of hosting to make sure you find the best suiting host for your online business.
So, let’s take a quick look at different types of web hosting:
Shared Hosting is a common type of hosting that houses your website on the server shared by other sites. When you are on the first step in starting your website with less than 30,000 monthly visitors each month, shared web hosting is probably the way to go. Its price is quite low compared to other hostings and is suitable for small businesses and blogging sites.
Pros of Shared Hosting:
- Best for beginners to start a blog or small scale online business
- Easy to handle without any need for any coding of any coding skills to manage
- Lower pricing which everyone can afford
- You will be provided with user-friendly cPanel to easily start a WordPress blog in a few clicks
Cons of Shared Hosting:
- The security level is not that good
- Limited amount of resources
- Your website may freeze many times when traffic loads
- Not so reliable technical support
Cloud Web Hosting:
Cloud Web Hosting is the next level to shared hosting that boosts the speed of your website by double due to the virtual availability of the hardware resources. It is best suitable for growing websites and blogs.
Pros of Cloud Web Hosting:
- Suitable for developing websites and online business
- Provides better performance and uptime than shared hosting plans
- Includes automatic backup services
- Faster speed
Cons of Cloud Web Hosting:
- Costlier than shared hosting
- The website may freeze when it comes to traffic loads
- Not the best package for website beginners and startups
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting is a mid-range hosting type that resides on a server with other virtual machines where you have your own operating system installation. As a result, you have greater control over the system configuration and management. You can install programs and applications that are not supported or allowed on the shared and cloud hosting plans.
Pros of VPS Hosting:
- Best package for high traffic blogs and websites
- Provides better performance and speed than Cloud and Shared Hosting plans
- Full Control over hosting management
- Flexible for upgrading memory and bandwidth anytime
- Provides advanced security and privacy
Cons of VPS Hosting:
- Not the best option for starting a website as Shared Hosting comes at a more reasonable price
- Great technical knowledge is required for managing VPS Hosting properly
A Dedicated Hosting Plan means that your website is the only site on the respective server. Its subset is intended for the website that generated more than 100,000 monthly visitors. It is best for the website that requires lots of storage and RAM as well as handle tons of visitors per day.
Pros of Dedicated Hosting:
- Premium security control
- Management is very flexible
- Is more stable than the rest of the hosting packages
- The most affordable solution to handle a large amount of daily traffic
Cons of Dedicated Hosting:
- Price is high in comparison to other hosting plans
- Need a high-level technical knowledge to manage
- Need to take full responsibility for any problem created inside the program
Managed Hosting is a hosting service that takes care of the hardware, leaving you to manage the software. It automatically caches your website, runs malware scans, fixes security loopholes, updates WordPress themes/plugins, runs daily backups, etc. So, if you are a newbie without any technical knowledge, managed hosting is just what you need to start your online business.
Pros of Managed Hosting:
- Probably the best type of hosting for non-tech newbies.
- Automatically takes care of all the maintenance of the website
- Well-optimized with Speed and Performance
- Daily backups and security scans
Cons of Managed Hosting:
- Easily one of the most expensive hosting types
- You will have less control of your website
- Updates might not go smoothly
Which Hosting Company is Recommended?
If you are a layman and do not want to get involved in the technical side yet have a hefty budget to spend, we recommend you to go for Managed Hosting.
If you want an affordable alternative, you can go Shared Hosting or Cloud Web Hosting.
However, if you are concerned about the security website and have good technical knowledge, you can choose VPS Hosting.
And if you have a website that generates a large amount of traffic, we recommend you to choose Dedicated Hosting.
Some of the Popular Hosting Company that Provides Best Hosting Services
Now let’s talk about some of the best hosting provider companies to help you choose the best host for your WordPress website. We will provide a brief overview of the services provided by the company and the pricing to make it easier for you to know which is the best hosting service provider available.
HostGator is one of the most popular hosting service company that provides secured WordPress hosting along with cloud hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting and domain name. It guarantees the server up speed of 99.9% and will refund your money should the uptime fall short. Besides, the company also offers free SSL Certificate and domain name registration along with the hosting plan.
- Starter Plan: $5.95/month (40% off)
- Standard Plan: $ 7.75/month (50% off) [Recommended]
- Business Plan: $9.95/month (57% off)
Bluehost comes with a secure and promising host service at an affordable price. It has an extreme speed built on the revolutionary VPS platform with an uptime of 99.9% guaranteed. Additionally, each of the pricing plans contains free SSL certificate and a free domain name registration for 1 year.
- Basic: $3.95/month
- Plus: $5.95/month
- Choice Plus: 5.95/month [Recommended]
WPEngine is a leading hosting service provider for WordPress that offers managed hosting solutions. It contains everything that you need to keep your website highly scalable, speedy and secured. The service includes one-click WordPress staging and restore, inbuilt CDN, enhanced security direct SFTP and many more.
- Startup: $35/month
- Growth: $155/month
- Scale: $290/month
How to Purchase Hosting for WordPress Website?
Now that we are at the end of our blog, I think you have made the choice to the best matching hosting service provider for your site. Here, you will use “BlueHost” to show you how you can buy hosting for your WordPress website.
So, let’s get started and purchase hosting for your website:
Visit the BlueHost website. Then, go to WordPress >> WordPress Hosting from the navigation menu.
There click on “Choose Plan”.
You will scroll down to the pricing plans where you can select any of the plans.
Upon selecting a plan, you will be asked to create a new domain name or use a domain name of your own. Simply enter the domain name for your website as BlueHost provides you with free domain name registration for 1 year.
If the domain name is available, you will be directed to the domain signup page.
You will need to fill the Account Information like name, address, phone number, email address etc.
You can also view the Package Information and Package Extra of the host you choose.
Next, you need to enter the Payment Information and click on the “Submit” button to purchase your hosting.
After you have successfully registered your domain name purchased the hosting, Bluehost will send an email containing the link of your hosting control panel.