Online articles with an image can receive 94 per cent more views than articles without an image. After knowing the effective use of Feature images, you can use it to increase the visual presence of your website. Set featured image to assign a specific image to the Media library and then to a Page or Post.
Adding a relevant Featured Image will sum up the whole content and introduce important elements. In addition, it works as a major driving force to attract the viewers to your site and encourage them to read the articles. It will be much more convenient if it can be clickable at the same time.
Before learning to Set Featured Image in WordPress Page or Post, let’s have a look at its importance. I am sure you will agree to set the featured image after knowing its importance:
- Highlights the Key Element: A viewer needs to read the whole content to have a proper idea about the information provided in a blog. But with featured image, it’s really easy. Reading a sentence or a few words will automatically sum up the concept of whole information included in your article.
- Applicable in Multiple Places: It’s quite obvious to promote your blog content across many social networks. In this case, your featured image will be seen visually all over the web which enables to obtain a good rank on Google and other search engines. Featured Image can be shown up in the Twitter feed, LinkedIn feed, Blog post and Blog feed except in the ‘related post’.
- Used as a Product Image: Among the different range of a Featured image, the product image can be considered the most important. It will describe clearly the product or thing which is actually for sale.
Things to consider while using a Featured image:
- Make sure that your image is clear. (i.e high-quality images)
- Use an appropriate size to keep your blog feed consistent.
- Don’t use the inappropriately cropped image as far as possible.
Let’s have a look at the guide to setup Featured Image in a Page or Post. It’s a task of a couple of steps. The best part is that you don’t need to have any kind of coding knowledge while setting Featured Image to your site.
- First of all, Log in to the Dashboard of your website. Then click on the button Posts>>Add New to begin the process to add the Featured image.
- Write a proper Title and add the content on your post. You need to click on the Set featured image option to select the image.
- There are two options to Upload Files or to Choose it from Media Library. If you have saved your image using a proper name. Then, Click on the option Upload Files>>Select Files. You can also drag and drop the image in Media Library option.
- Then Search for the saved name. After getting it to click on the Open button.
- Add the appropriate Alt text, title, caption and description according to the content of your post. After doing it click on the button Select.
- You can finally see the Featured image on the right side of your post as shown in the screenshot below.
- You can preview the post before publishing it. In case if you want to insert another Featured image in your post, you can simply remove or replace it.
In addition, if you are having any problem while Setting the Time Zone. Then Learn here “How to Set Time Zone of your WordPress Website?“